Patient’s Fart Ignites Fire In Operating Room

A patient’s fart during a surgical procedure allegedly sparked a fire which caused her to be seriously burnt, the Tokyo Medical University Hospital in Shinjuku Ward said.

Yeah. You read that right. But I’ll say it again.

A patient farted during surgery and started a fire. That fire burned her severely.

The fart, which was neither silent nor deadly, was released way back in April, but the news of the incident just came out when the hospital released the findings from it’s internal investigation on Oct. 28.

The report stated that all the equipment in the operating room was functioning properly.

“When the patient’s intestinal gas leaked into the space of the operation (room), it ignited with the irradiation of the laser, and the burning spread, eventually reaching the surgical drape and causing the fire,” the report said.

I think someone was trying to light a match and the whole thing went array. That’s what I choose to believe.

TJ Smalls on DeviantartTJ Smalls on PinterestTJ Smalls on Twitter
TJ Smalls
Publisher

Reformed nice guy.



Tags: