It’s hot and you love weed and ice cream. This easy weed ice cream recipe will have you cool and get your mind right in no time.
If you use marijuana (either medicinally or recreationally) then the idea of weed ice cream has to sound great to you. Even if you don’t use weed, weed ice cream has to sound pretty damn amazing. Today, I present you with a pretty simple recipe that will ave you cooling out in no time. If you don’t want weed ice cream (presumably because you’re a fed) you can just omit the weed and make this as a pretty delicious, albeit square AF, ice cream.
Ingredients for weed ice cream:
- 1 ounce bomb ass weed
- 8 cups of heavy cream
- 4 cups of fat free half and half
- 4 cups of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (again, use good stuff not that cheap Mexican shit)
- 10 egg yolks
- 6 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 8 oz pineapple chunks
- 3/4 cup lecithin granules
- 1 1/2 cups of water
Directions for Weed Ice Cream:
1. Grind the weed in a coffee grinder. Spread the weed powder on an ungreased cookie sheet or piece of aluminum foil and place it in the over for 15 minutes at 225 degrees F. This is decarboxylation and it will help your weed become more potent. Take the weed out of the oven and soak it in the water for 45 minutes. Doing this helps to get rid of any nasty weed taste. You want the effects of the weed in your ice cream, not the taste.
2. In a large heavy bottomed pot, add the 8 cups of heavy cream and 2 cups of the half and half. Heat on medium, making sure that the mixture doesn’t boil. Once the cream and half and half thicken a little bit, turn it down and let it simmer. Stir occasionally.
3. Strain the weed and add the weed to the milk mixture. Let this mixture simmer slowly for about an hour or so. After you’re done simmering the weed milk, you can now strain it again. Refrigerate this milk for at least two hours.
(Sidenote: What you’ve just made is a variation of weed milk. This weed milk can be used for anything regular milk is used for. If you want to make some weed milk to put on your Cheerios, just follow the same process for steps 1 through 3, but use whole milk instead of cream and half and half.)
4. Combine coconut milk, sugar, salt and lecithin granules in a medium pot. Place pot over medium heat and stir constantly. Simmer the mixture.
5. In a large bowl, place the egg yolks and beat slightly. Slowly pour two cups of the heated milk mixture over the eggs. This process is called tempering, and it’s basically so you won’t get scrambled eggs. Go slowly.
6. Once you have the eggs properly incorporated into the warm coconut milk mixture pour the egg and milk mixture back into the pot with the heated milk. Bring the heat up slightly and heat until the mixture begins to thicken, but do not boil. Remove from heat and add the pineapple chunks.
7. Pour this mixture with the pineapples in it into a bowl and refrigerate for two hours.
8. Take both of your cold mixtures (the coconut milk with pineapples in it and the original mixture of cream) and mix them together. Add the vanilla.
9. Now take this entire mixture and add it to your ice cream machine and follow the directions.
10. If you don’t have an ice cream maker, don’t sweat it. You can still make weed ice cream. Once you get to this step, simply take the ice cream mixture and place it in a large freezer bag. Place that bag in another bag that has about a cup and a half of ice and a half cup of salt. Then shake vigorously. This method will work, but it’s messy and time consuming.
There it is. A delicious weed ice cream recipe that anyone can make. This recipe is for a coconut flavored weed ice cream base, but you can make your weed ice cream without the coconut milk. Just use whole milk instead. You can also add some shaved coconut flakes or nuts to your weed ice cream. Once you get the basic concept down you can do pretty much whatever you want to it.
Enjoy your weed ice cream!